After making the CNY cookies last month, I sort of fell in love with how easy it is to just bake cookies, so I am on a cookie roll now haha!
My toddler loves cookies, so I usually try to bake some for her. I don’t really like to give her store-bought cookies, because they are mostly made with shortening, and are quite sweet.
These easy butter cookies are nice, despite made using just 4 ingredients. Even the husband who do not like butter exclaimed how “fragrant” these cookies are!
若想阅读中文版本，请在网页的右边 “Google Translate” 点击选择 中文简体 (Chinese Simplified）或 繁体 (Chinese Traditional) 翻译。可能食谱读起来会怪怪的，所以如果有疑问都可以问哦！
P.S.: Look at the end of the post for a making-of video!
Just take note to soften the butter slightly at room temperature, perhaps about 5 mins in our hot weather. The butter, when pressed slightly, should be soft to the touch and has a slight finger imprint. Don’t let them soften too much, otherwise the baked cookie might turn out to be greasy.
You can use any type of cookie cutter. Just make sure the thickness you rolled out is like the thickness stated in the recipe. After cooling the cookies, store them in any airtight container and enjoy!
>> MORE COOKIE RECIPES:
These cookies need only 4 ingredients if you exclude vanilla! Simple and quick to make. Great hit with the kids!
- 100 g butter (, cubed and softened to room temperature)
- 50 g icing sugar
- 30 g milk (, room temperature)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 200 g plain flour (, or cake flour)
- Place softened butter in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Whisk the butter to a softer consistency.
- Add in icing sugar and whisk well.
- Add in milk and vanilla in 2 batches. Each time of adding in, whisk well.
- Add in flour in 2 batches. You can sift in the flour and mix till just combined with a spatula.
- Place dough on clingwrap. Chill for 1 hour.
- Remove dough from fridge, and place on non-stick or floured working space. Roll out the dough to 0.3-0.4cm thickness. Cut out cookies using cookie cutter. Place onto lined baking tray.
- Preheat oven to 180C, bake for 15-18 min, or till evenly browned. Do watch the oven from 12 mins onwards, as the dough tends to brown quickly towards the end.
Recipe from iCook
- Category: Cookie, Snack
And the video: