Tangy, sweet yet spicy tom yum cookies – which will definitely tantalise your taste buds, leaving you to want more of the cookies!
- 90 g plain flour
- 60 g butter, softened slightly
- 20 g caster sugar
- 1 tbsp tom yum paste
- Some dried shrimps, ((hae bee) soaked briefly in warm water, drained and chopped)
- 1 egg yolk for egg wash, (optional)
- Place butter and sugar in a mixing bowl. Cream until light and fluffy.
- Add in tom yum paste till combined well. Add in chopped dried shrimps. Sift plain flour into the mixing bowl. Mix with a spatula in light and swift motion till a dough is formed.
- Remove dough and place onto a floured surface (I use non-stick baking paper). Roll out dough to about 0.3cm to 0.5cm thickness. Cut out using your preferred mold.
- Place cookie dough onto lined baking tray. Preheat oven to 170C.
- Egg wash if desired. Bake in preheated oven for 12-15mins (depends on thickness), till nicely browned.
- Cool on baking tray for 5 mins before transferring onto cooling rack. Cool completely before storing in air tight container.
Recipe adapted from Kenneth Goh. Original recipe uses laksa paste and icing sugar.
This recipe makes about 20 cookies, depending on the thickness and mold you use.
If you would like a more pronounced tom yum taste, you can add in some chopped lime leaves. – I would also probably skip the egg wash next time! :p
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: Cookie, Snack