Oh no…. I feel so sorry about the bad plating and picture!
This is a soft and fluffy black sesame man tou, and the husband, who rarely praises my steamed buns, gave the thumbs up! I’ve used Prima unbleached Top Flour here, though the original recipe uses plain flour. [Read more about flour here]
若想阅读中文版本，请在网页的右边 “Google Translate” 点击选择 中文简体 (Chinese Simplified）或 繁体 (Chinese Traditional) 翻译。可能食谱读起来会怪怪的，所以如果有疑问都可以问哦！
I had to post this recipe up before making again because I have too many recipes that I need to redo hahah! Also kind of worried that I might forget about it, since I really have too many KIV recipes, and my memory is really not that great these days.
>> MORE TODDLER RECIPES:
Easy to make steamed buns (man tou), which are great for kids!
- 100 g top flour
- 1 g instant yeast
- 14 g sugar
- 1 g baking powder
- 7 g black sesame powder
- 50 g water
- 4 g oil
- Place all ingredients into bread machine and set the dough cycle. I am using Panasonic SD-P104, Mode 11, Dumpling Skin. If you are using mixer, simply mix into elastic ball of dough.
- Cover with damp cloth or cling wrap. Rest for 5 mins.
- Divide dough into 8 parts and roll into balls. Place them into covered steamer, for proofing, about 15 mins. Make sure you leave enough space around each ball of dough, as they will expand once cooked.
- Steam for about 10-15 mins.
This size is petite sized, suitable for toddlers’ hands. If you would like to have bigger buns, simply just divide dough into 4 parts. Or double the recipe 🙂
Recipe adapted from 愛料理 / Yoco803
- Category: Breakfast, Snack
- Cuisine: Chinese