Have you tried before these Taiwanese egg pancakes (台湾蛋饼)?
I have not been to Taiwan before (ya!! How can that be?! lol), but I have been hearing about these savoury pancakes. So I tried to make them as a quick breakfast!
Oh yes, I love pork floss too!
若想阅读中文版本，请在网页的右边 “Google Translate” 点击选择 中文简体 (Chinese Simplified）或 繁体 (Chinese Traditional) 翻译。可能食谱读起来会怪怪的，所以如果有疑问都可以问哦！
These pancakes are not like those fluffy American pancakes that we usually eat. These pancakes are chewy; more towards the texture of crepes – just thicker ones.
My toddler loves the chewiness of these pancakes! I guess this is a good choice for breakfast if we happen to run out of bread.
>> MORE BREAKFAST RECIPES:
Pork Floss Egg Pancake 台湾肉松蛋饼
- 70 g plain flour
- 140 g water
- 2 eggs
- Pinch of salt
- 1 stalk of spring onions, chopped (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour and salt. Make a well in the middle, and gradually add in the water. While you add in the water, also stir to combine well.
- Add in some chopped onions, stir well.
- Grease your frying pan with adequate oil, over medium heat. Once frying pan is slightly heated, add in the batter and quickly swirl it around the pan. When the batter is slightly cooked, add in half of beaten egg. Swirl quickly to coat the batter with the egg. Sprinkle the egg surface with some chopped onions.
- Continue to cook till egg is set. Flip over pancake and continue to cook the egg for a while. If you would like the pancake to be slightly browned, flip over and continue cooking for a few mins more.
- Dish out and place pork floss on the pancake. Roll up the pancake (be careful, it's hot!). Slice before serving.