Anyone else loves pancakes for weekend breakfast or brunch?
Also, these are healthier pancakes made with Prima’s superfine wholegrain flour. This flour is really so fine that it doesn’t compromise the texture of the baked goods – no more rubbery, chewy wholegrain food!
若想阅读中文版本，请在网页的右边 “Google Translate” 点击选择 中文简体 (Chinese Simplified）或 繁体 (Chinese Traditional) 翻译。可能食谱读起来会怪怪的，所以如果有疑问都可以问哦！
I came across a pancake recipe using only whole wheat flour, and it sounded quite interesting, so I tried it out a couple of weeks back. The (choosy) husband prefers this recipe to the other wholegrain one that I had made previously, and he has been asking me to make them again! So we had these pancakes again yesterday.
>> MORE BREAKFAST RECIPES:
Light & Fluffy Wholemeal Pancakes 全麦松饼
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 120 g wholemeal flour
- 1 tbsp aluminium-free baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Chocolate chips or
- If you are making your own buttermilk, prepare it as the first ingredient, and let it sit for 5-10 min to curdle and thicken.
- Whisk the egg and brown sugar together. Add in oil, vanilla and buttermilk. Whisk well.
- Add in the flour, baking powder and salt (I usually mix the dry ingredients in another bowl before adding it in). Stir until just combined. Add the 2 tbsp of water. The batter should be smooth and not too thick. If you have add-ins, just stir them in briefly now.
- Lightly oil your non-stick pan with a piece of kitchen paper towel. Using a small soup ladle, pour the batter into the pan over medium low heat. You can flip the pancakes once the edges look dry, and the surface of the pancakes has bubbles all over. Continue cooking for 1-2 mins further, till golden brown on both sides. *You may need to lightly oil the pan in between batches of pancakes.
- Serve with maple syrup and/or fresh fruits.