Starter Dough 中种面团
- 200 g bread flour
- 4 g yeast
- 16 g milk powder
- 25 g beaten egg
- 50 g red flesh dragon fruit, (cubed)
- 90 g milk
Main Dough 主面团
- 37 g bread flour + 30g Prima superfine wholegrain flour ((or just 67g bread flour))
- 40 g sugar
- 4 g salt
- 35 g milk
- 30 g butter
- Beaten egg
- Place all ingredients for starter dough into bread pan of bread machine. Knead all ingredients well into a dough. Proof for 60 mins. If you are not using a bread machine, simply add all ingredients together in your mixer bowl, knead into a dough, and proof for 60 mins.
- Tear the starter dough into small pieces to mix together with the main dough’s ingredients. Once the dough has come together to window pane stage, proof for the 2nd time for 30-40 mins. (I am also using the Mode 9 Bread Dough to do this)
- After the 2nd proofing, divide dough into 40g each. Roll into rounds and rest for 10 mins.
- Take the round dough, roll into a longish shape, swiss roll it, and rest for another 10 mins.
- Roll the dough into a longish shape again, swiss roll it, and place the dough onto a lined baking pan. I am using 8″ pan here.
- Proof the dough for the last time, about 50 mins. Just before the 50 mins is up, preheat your oven to 160C. Brush the surface of the dough lightly with egg wash.
- Bake in middle rack of preheated oven at 160C, for about 12 – 15 mins. Cool completely before storing in air tight container.
Recipe Adapted from MyMeLoves.
This makes about 12 bread rolls in 8″ square pan.
- Category: Bread, Breakfast