Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info.
These dragon fruit bread rolls are really soft!
Dragon fruit (can also be known as pitaya) is a type of fruit that is commonly seen selling in Asian countries. Some of these dragon fruits have pink skin, and with either white or red flesh. The other variety would be the yellow skinned ones, with white flesh. These dragon fruit are like kiwi fruit – with specks of small black edible seeds inside the fruit.
This fruit makes a great choice for the kiddos, since it is rich in antioxidants, vitamin c, fiber, and lots of other nutrients. My toddler and I particularly love the red flesh dragon fruit because they are sweet. The white flesh dragon fruit is usually not sweet, and it does feel a little weird eating these tasteless fruits lol!
若想阅读中文版本，请在网页的右边 “Google Translate” 点击选择 中文简体 (Chinese Simplified）或 繁体 (Chinese Traditional) 翻译。可能食谱读起来会怪怪的，所以如果有疑问都可以问哦！
These bread buns is made using starter dough (中种面团), which you simply just need to make 1 hour before making the main dough.
This gives very soft bread with minimal effort!
- Place all ingredients for starter dough into bread pan of bread machine. Knead all ingredients well into a dough. Proof for 60 mins. If you are not using a bread machine, simply add all ingredients together in your mixer bowl, knead into a dough, and proof for 60 mins.
- Tear the starter dough into small pieces to mix together with the main dough’s ingredients. Once the dough has come together to window pane stage, proof for the 2nd time for 30-40 mins. (I am also using the Mode 9 Bread Dough to do this)
- After the 2nd proofing, divide dough into 40g each. Roll into rounds and rest for 10 mins.
- Take the round dough, roll into a longish shape, swiss roll it, and rest for another 10 mins.
- Roll the dough into a longish shape again, swiss roll it, and place the dough onto a lined baking pan. I am using 8″ pan here.
- Proof the dough for the last time, about 50 mins. Just before the 50 mins is up, preheat your oven to 160C. Brush the surface of the dough lightly with egg wash.
- Bake in middle rack of preheated oven at 160C, for about 12 – 15 mins. Cool completely before storing in air tight container.
Recipe Adapted from MyMeLoves.
This makes about 12 bread rolls in 8″ square pan.
- Category: Bread, Breakfast