Note: This post may contain affiliate links – I may earn a small commission if you purchase through the links, at no extra cost to you. I only recommend products and brands that I trust and/or use. Thanks for your help in supporting my blog!
After having some yummy pancakes for brunch yesterday at Fresh Fruits Lab, I fell in love with pancakes all over again (lol). So I decided to make pancakes for the husband and the little one for breakfast this morning.
Chocolate Chips Wholegrain Pancakes 巧克力豆全麦煎饼
- 120 g plain flour
- 30 g superfine wholegrain flour
- 1.5 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 40 g sugar
- Pinch of cinnamon optional
- 110 ml milk room temperature
- 1 egg beaten and room temperature
- 1 tbsp oil
- A handful of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Whisk together flour, sugar, cinnamon and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Add egg, milk and corn oil to the mixing bowl. Whisk the mixture well till lumpy and thick. Add in chocolate chips and fold in briefly.
- Scoop the batter onto a non-stick frying pan, on medium-low heat. You do not need to oil the pan as oil has been added to the batter. You might also need to use the ladle to spread out the batter so it would not be too thick.
- Pan fry till you see bubbles all over on the pancake surface, flip over (the pancake should be golden brown). Pan fry till slightly golden brown on the other side.
- Best served warm, with maple syrup, fruits and/or granola.