These days I realise that I don’t really have the “energy” to stay in the kitchen to prepare for dinner and breakfast, as I am going into my 3rd trimester soon.
Sometimes I do wonder if that’s because of the lack-of exercise lol.
So anyway, I feel really thankful for quick recipes like muffins or yogurt loaf cakes – you just mix dry and wet ingredients together and bake! No need for mixer!
A few weeks back, I bought this recipe book from Popular, because I really like the visuals lol! Finally remembered this book (oops, too many books), and tried out this blueberry yogurt muffins.
As it’s written in Chinese, I thought 原味优格 is also referring to unsweetened yogurt. After the muffins went into the oven for baking, I realised it might be just plain (sweetened) yogurt. What has my pregnancy brain done to me hahaha!
And indeed, as I tried the muffins this morning, it’s not sweet – but really good for my LO, and for me coz I really don’t want to get gestational diabetes haha!
I also find that the texture for this muffin seems a little denser than the passion fruit muffins I’d made some time ago. Might be due to the yogurt in it? However, I’d still consider it a light breakfast!
Blueberry Yogurt Muffins – Recipe from 一口吃甜點：卡爾西一個人的廚藝訓練班
(Makes 6 Muffins)
– 130g plain flour
– 50g sugar
– 3/4 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
– 1/4 tsp baking soda
– 1/8 tsp salt
– 1 egg
– 130g plain yogurt
– 40g oil
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 130g blueberries
– Diced almonds, for sprinkling
1. Add the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt) into a big bowl. Mix well with a spatula.
2. In another bowl, add the egg, yogurt, oil and vanilla. Whisk to combine well.
3. Make a well in the bowl of dry ingredients. Add in the combined wet ingredients. Mix with a spatula. Ensure that you don’t overmix – just mix till there are no traces of white flour.
4. Add about 2/3 of the blueberries into the batter. Mix using the spatula, in about 4 or 5 strokes.
5. Spoon the batter into lined muffin tray or cupcake liners. Add reserved 1/3 of the blueberries onto the surface of the batter, then sprinkled with the diced almond.
6. Bake in preheated oven 200C, for about 15-20 mins. The surface should be lightly browned, with a skewer inserted comes out clean
7. Cool completely before storing in air-tight container, or serve slightly warm.
– The wet ingredients should be measured out and let stand in room temperature for about 15 mins.