These easy fluffy pancakes are my favourite! I often serve the pancakes for breakfast…
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info.
I love pancakes for breakfast, actually!
So whenever I see new pancake recipes, I cannot resist, but try hahaha.
These were supposed to be “fat” and fluffy pancakes, but because I was in a rush to make them cooked for the hubby to bring out to work, I spread them thinner on the frying pan.
I like that this recipe do not need a lot of ingredients. For easy cooking in the morning, I prepared the dry ingredients in a bag the night before. So in the morning, I would just whisk the dry ingredients together, and mix in the wet ingredients. That easy!
Easy Fluffy Pancakes – Recipe from Nasi Lemak Lover
Makes about 10 small pancakes
– 150g self raising flour (or 150g plain flour + 1.5 tsp baking powder + 1/4 tsp salt)
– 50g sugar
– 1/4 tsp salt
– 110ml milk
– 1 egg
– 1 tbsp corn oil
1. Whisk together flour, sugar and salt in a mixing bowl.
2. Add egg, milk and corn oil to the mixing bowl. Whisk the mixture well till lumpy and thick.
3. Scoop the batter onto a non-stick frying pan, on medium-low heat. Pan fry till you see bubbles on the pancake surface, flip over (the pancake should be golden brown). Pan fry till slightly golden brown on the other side.
4. Best served warm, with maple syrup and fruits.
– You do not need oil to pan fry because oil has been added into the mixture.
– I had used a tablespoon (measuring spoon) to scoop the mixture onto the frying pan. Makes smallish petite sized pancakes 🙂