Been down with the terrible viral sinus infection last week, and I tried to "force"…
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info.
I have been trying out different recipes, and looking out for “shortcuts” and tips for really soft and fluffy bread.
So, I was so happy to have tried this recipe – kaya loaf bread. I’ve replaced some of the bread flour with wholemeal flour, and I really like the subtle sweetness of kaya in this loaf bread.
Kaya can be considered one of the “staple” breakfast food locally. There are mainly 2 types of kaya – the green, pandan Nonya Kaya, or this caramel-y Hainanese Kaya. I prefer this Hainanese Kaya!
Wholemeal Oat Kaya Loaf Bread
– 230g bread flour
– 20g plain flour (or cake flour if you are ok with bleached flours)
– 2 tbsp sugar *I’ve used 1.5 tbsp of demerara sugar
– 1 tbsp milk powder
– 1 tsp salt
– 20g butter
– 65g kaya
– 160ml cold milk
– 4 tbsp rolled oats
– 1 tsp yeast
1. Place all ingredients, except yeast and oats, into the bread pan. Place yeast into dispenser; rolled oats into raisin compartment.
2. Select bread Menu 3 Soft Bread (Raisin YES without melody); or Menu 2 Rapid Bread (Raisin YES without melody, yeast adjust to 1.5 tsp).
3. Press Start.
4. When bread is ready, cool completely before slicing. Store in airtight container or ziplock bag.
*I am using Panasonic bread machine, SD-P104.