Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info.
After spending a few days to settle down emotions, and for the body to recover, I was surprised how I could move on – far better than I had expected.
Thank God for His strength..
So I spent a couple of days later, making breakfast and dinner for the husband and the little one! It feels really nice to be just a mum 🙂
Last weekend I made this Apple Snow Fungus Sweet Soup for the little one, since it has been so hazy lately, and she had been having this really bad cough.
She really loves this soup, that I made this 2 days in a row!
Apple Snow Fungus Soup (Recipe Adapted from Nyonya Cooking)
– 1L water
– 1 medium sized red apple (I’ve used 2 small red ones; you can also use Chinese pear)
– Snow fungus, soaked to soften
– 4 red dates
– A handful of dried longan
– Rock sugar, to taste (about 70g)
1. Bring the water to a boil in a pot.
2. Drain the snow fungus and cut away the hard part. Cut the softer parts into smaller pieces.
3. Add all ingredients into the water. Once it has come to a boil, bring down to a simmer for around 40 mins.
4. Add rock sugar after about 35 mins. Continue to simmer for a while before serving.
*You can serve this warm or chilled. I use half amount of rock sugar, and added honey to the warm soup before serving.
*Original recipe uses north & south almond seeds, which I omitted.