Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info.
Yesterday the hubby brought the little one out to church service and to family dinner. I stayed home because I was slightly under the weather. (Or probably I got the germs from the little one from her previous flu haha)
Had been wanting to have soba for a little while, and was glad to have come across this easy recipe on Just One Cookbook.
The sauce is the highlight! It’s a nice mix of sweet and savoury on the soba. I skipped the garnish because I wasn’t a fan of cilantro and I couldn’t find any sesame seeds lol.
Soba Salad – Recipe from Just One Cookbook
– Soba noodles (About 6-9 oz)
– 1/2 cup Chopped spring onions
-1/4 cup Chopped Cilantro
– 3 tbsp sesame seeds
– 1 tbsp canola oil (I’ve used extra light olive oil)
– 3 tbsp sesame oil
– 1/2 tsp crushed red peppers
– 3 tbsp honey
– 3 tbsp soy sauce
1. Combine ingredients for dressing in a small bowl. Heat it over a bigger bowl of hot water. Stir to combine. (Nami-san’s method is to combine canola oil, sesame oil and red peppers in microwave before adding soy sauce and honey)
2. Bring water to boil. Cook the soba noodles according to instructions (slightly around 10 mins). Drain the soba noodles and dunk the noodles into a large bowl of iced water.
3. Drain the noodles well and transfer to a bowl.
4. Toss soba together with dressing and garnish. Remove noodles to serving bowl or plate. Serve chilled or at room temperature.