I remember I started out cooking more often when I was pregnant, and I had to really follow recipes, even for simple vegetable stir fry.
After much practices, I am glad that I can cook most of the dishes without any recipe! Ok, except those dishes that are much more advanced :p
Cooked these dishes to go along with our porridge, since the little one fell ill over the weekend.
Stir Fry Bok Choy with Prawns
– 1 packet of baby bok choy, rinsed
– Dried shrimps, soaked for a while, chopped
– 2 garlic cloves, minced
– 1 slice of ginger
– Frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
– 1 tbsp light soy sauce
– Sesame oil, optional
1. Heat up oil in frying pan. Add prawns and stir fry till cooked. Dish up.
2. Add oil if needed. Heat up, and add garlic, ginger and dried shrimps into pan.
3. As garlic sizzles, give it a little stir. Fry till garlic and ginger are fragrant, and dried shrimps turn slightly darker in color.
4. Add in baby bok choy and stir fry over high heat. As the vegetable turns darker in color, and softens, add in mixed vegetables and prawns.
5. Turn down the heat. Stir fry a little longer, and add a splash of sesame oil.
6. Dish up and serve!
**If you’d like, you could add more light soy sauce for your taste. I didn’t use a lot of soy sauce for my 17 months old toddler 🙂 Choose Kikkoman (red cap) because it’s without preservatives! For dried shrimps, I don’t usually measure, I just eyeball the amount. Usually between 1/2 tbsp to 1 tbsp of amount.