Sometimes taking care of a child at home makes everything look so mundane. But I know I have got to be thankful that I had a chance to! 🙂
So the little one is going into infant care next week, and Mama me is having some kind of separation anxiety.
I think I will miss her around me all the time :p
Then again, I am also thankful for all the job offers that came in. God is so good!
I was racking my brains and searching through the Internet for toddler recipes because the baby had been rejecting food for the longest time, and it became quite a concern, when she can just eat 2 mouthfuls for each meal only.
And I realised, opps, teething! She had 6 teeth popping out all at once lol.
I made some veggie pancakes for her the other time, and she likes (always!).
It has been such a LONG time since we last seen her chomping on her food happily. And she did that day!
She managed to finish 2 of those pancakes 🙂
Veggie Pancakes – Recipe adapted from Weelicious (I usually halve the recipe)
– 1 egg
– 60ml milk
– 62g flour
– 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
– 1/2 teaspoon salt oil or canola oil spray
– grated carrots, finely chopped cabbage, onion, cherry tomatoes, dried whitebait fish
– black pepper, parsley
1. Place the vegetables in a bowl.
2. Whisk the egg and milk in a separate bowl and pour over vegetables.
3. Whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl and sprinkle over the vegetable mixture. Toss to combine.
4. Coat saute pan with oil or spray over medium heat.
5. Place 1 tablespoon of vegetable mixture in pan and cook for 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Repeat with remaining batter.
*Allow to cool, place in a ziploc bag, label and freeze. When ready, place in toaster oven or oven at 300 and heat for 10 minutes or until heated through.