Seems like the lychee rose cupcakes are quite a popular choice among my friends! 🙂
Made these cupcakes for a little one’s first birthday party.
I love colorful sprinkles and confetti on cakes! What’s more for a baby’s first birthday! (Ok the baby is not going to eat this la ;p)
UPDATE: Post is updated with recipe 🙂
I can be quite picky when it comes to cupcakes and cakes. I don’t like to eat cupcakes or cakes with greasy buttercream, especially those made with shortening. Just make me feel very queasy swallowing these desserts into my tummy (and not healthy!).
So when it comes to making my own dessert, I make sure none of that happens :p
And so far so good! These cupcakes here used cream cheese frosting, infused with lychee and Nielsen-Massey rose water. So you can taste a very light and soft flavour, with a frosting that tastes sort of like yogurt. (Yay to no greasy buttercream!)
Lychee Rose Almond Cupcakes – Recipe from Dreamers Loft
(Makes 12 Cupcakes)
– 94g self raising flour
– 62g plain flour
– 12.5g ground almond
– 125g unsalted butter, slightly softened room temperature
– 120g caster sugar
– 2 large eggs
– 48g milk, room temperature
– 10g Bandung rose syrup + 20g water
– 1 tsp rosewater
– 12 pcs canned or fresh lychee
– Frosting: 125g cream cheese, 35g unsalted butter, 40g icing sugar, 1 tsp Bandung rose syrup, 1/2 tsp rosewater
1. Prepare the lychees: Rinse, pat dry with kitchen towel and set them aside.
2. Sift flour together. Add in ground almond and mix well.
3. Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy. Add 1 egg at a time. Mix till well combined.
4. Add in flour mixture in 3 batches. Alternate between milk and rose syrup water. Fold batter till just combined. Take care not to overmix.
5. Scoop batter into cupcake case (about 1/3), place lychee on top of batter and top with some batter till 3/4 of cupcake case.
6. Bake in preheated oven at 170C, for 20-25 mins, or till skewer inserted in centre of cupcake comes out clean. Cool completely.
7. Make the frosting by creaming the cream cheese and butter till fluffy. Add in icing sugar, rose syrup and rosewater. Continue to mix till light and fluffy.
8. Frost and decorate the cooled cupcakes as desired.