Took a short break in blogging after the marathon series of posts 🙂
Felt really good to (slowly) bake stuff and enjoy the process, as well as spending quality time with my baby!
And because I had some left over pumpkin from making puree for my baby, I tried this recipe from a book that I bought for my MIL a while ago.
It uses simple ingredients and involves simple steps, but the taste is really great! It is soft and moist enough, with fine textured crumbs. I also love the smooth, golden brown crust.
The original recipe bakes this in loaf, but we baked in muffin cases to shorten the baking time haha!
Pumpkin Butter Cake (Adapted from 烤出蛋糕香)
– 200g self raising flour
– 3 eggs
– 125g butter (original was 150g butter)
– 120g sugar
– 50g milk
– 150g pumpkin (steamed and mashed, cooled before use)
– Pumpkin seeds (I used chopped almonds)
1. Beat butter and sugar together till fluffy.
2. Add in eggs one by one. Mix well after each egg. Continue to beat the mixture for a while after all eggs are added, to ensure it is well-mixed.
3. Alternately mix in flour and milk.
4. Add in mashed pumpkin and mix well.
5. Pour batter into mold and sprinkle the pumpkin seeds on top. Bake in preheated oven at 170C (40 min for loaf, 20-25 min for cupcake size).