Believe it or not, this is the first time I am making buns. Before using this bread maker, I was quite hesitant about making bread. I was worried that I couldn’t knead properly, and the bread wouldn’t rise. Most of all, I was worried about making ugly bread lol.
The Panasonic Bread Maker (SD-P104) made this bread making experience a super easy one. And it actually boosted my confidence in bread making, so much so that I am always looking forward to making new loaves or buns for the family. It’s just so versatile!
This time, I tried my hands at making tuna buns.
The recipe below is from the Panasonic bread making demo session. I was really amazed at how chewy and soft the bread was, fresh from oven. And I realised, hey, I can also do the same at home 🙂
because we finished using up the can of tuna. Heh heh.
– 280g bread flour
– 50g butter
– 3 tbsp castor sugar
– 160ml cold water
– 1 tsp salt
– 25g egg, beaten
– 2 tbsp milk powder
– 1 tsp instant yeast
– Parsley flakes
– 1 canned tuna (I used curry tuna, if you are using plain tuna, you can add some black pepper)
– 1/2 egg, for egg wash
1. Add all ingredients for dough (except yeast) into the bread pan. Add yeast into the dispenser.
2. Select bread dough Menu 9. Press Start.
3. Press Stop when you hear the beep sound. Take out dough and divide into 12 even pieces. (I waited for an additional 10 mins after the beep)
4. Shape the 12 dough pieces into balls, cover with towel or cling wrap, rest for 15 mins.
5. Roll out the individual dough pieces into longish shape, like that of a rope.
6. Using a spatula, cut lengthwise, so that the longish shape resemble a Y.
7. Take the 2 ends and curl in towards the remaining dough, to look like a heart shape.
8. Spray water on the dough and allow ferment for about 30-40 mins. Dough should then double in size.
9. Drain the tuna flakes, and mash them slightly.
9. Egg wash the buns, put tuna flakes on the buns. Sprinkle some parsley flakes. Bake at preheated oven at 200C, for about 14-15 mins.
If you have enjoyed reading this entry, do vote for me in the Best Cooking Blog, and stand to win attractive prizes for yourself. Left with only 7 days for voting. You can vote daily! Thank you 🙂