Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info.
These days I am so busy, with all the pending posts and events to blog about! I am so thankful for the opportunities to share, as well as information from various companies that I could update my blog about – err, you know, sometimes the writer’s block! Heeheehee.
Had sometime to bake this moist apple yogurt cake. MIL, hubby and me were very happy with the golden baked top. There is no baking powder/baking soda used, so yay! The only leavening agent in this recipe is the egg. And the cake rose so beautifully (and not too much)!
But I think my only “regret” is not slicing the cake well – I didn’t have a sharp knife! Haha. You can dice the apple pieces instead of slicing them, to get a cleaner cut on the cake.
I also realised that the cake is quite oily (I had to blot it slightly after removing from pan, and before serving). Maybe that’s because of the melted butter. I might try to bake this cake again, and replace part of the butter with more yogurt 🙂
Other than that, you can hardly taste the oil in your mouth, strangely. It’s a soft, moist and fragrant apple cake. Easy to make too! No mixer required.
Moist Apple Yogurt Cake
– 190g all-purpose flour
– 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
– 1/4tsp salt
– 200g apple (peeled, cored and sliced)
– 60g golden raisins (soaked in warm water)
– 90g granulated sugar
– 200g butter (melted and cooled)
– 2 eggs
– 100g yogurt
– 50g light brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a 20cm round cake pan, or line with baking paper.
2. Sift together flour and cinnamon powder.
3. Beat butter, yogurt, salt, lemon extract, sugar and eggs together till fully combined.
4. Fold the flour mixture, in 3 additions, into the wet mixture.
5. Add in sliced apple and raisins into 3rd part of the flour. Fold into wet mixture till fully combined.
6. Pour half of the batter into the cake pan. Sprinkle half of the light brown sugar.
7. Pour the rest of the batter into the pan and sprinkle with the rest of the light brown sugar on top of the batter.
8. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until the top of the cake spring back when touched lightly, and toothpick insert into the center comes out clean.