A recipe good for quick meals. There’s no need to marinate the chicken, and quite minimal ingredients, but oh-so-yummy! 🙂
Sometimes I find it a challenge to prepare the ingredients + cook + plate the food + take photo in the morning before I head to work. And I do wonder if next time will this kind of crazy morning be my norm, when I become a full time working mum? Haha.
But of course, nothing beats eating MSG-free lunch. And I enjoy preparing these wholesome lunch for myself, hubby and grandma. All the more when they enjoy the food 🙂
This is a very appetising side dish – tangy, spicy. Great for the tastebuds of preggie mums lol. I replaced the prawns with chicken, and tomatoes with cherry tomatoes. I suppose you can also add in some lime leaves for that nice fragrance. I served it with blanched broccoli (our fav veg haha) to balance out the meal.
Stir Fried Tom Yum Chicken (Recipe adapted from My Kitchen Snippets)
– ½ pound of chicken, sliced
– 1 big onion, sliced thinly
– 2 cloves of garlic – chopped
– 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges *I replaced with 7 cherry tomatoes, quartered
– 1 tsp or more sugar
– 3 tbsp of Tom Yam paste
– Salt to taste
1. Heat up some oil in a frying pan; add in onion and garlic. Stir fry until fragrant and onion soften.
2. Add in tom yam paste; stir fry for a few second. Add in chicken and continue to stir fry until the chicken changes color.
3. Add about ½ cup of water (I did not do this) and the tomatoes. Continue to stir-fry until sauce thicken. Add in sugar and salt to taste.
4. Dish out and serve with warm rice.