Had been cooking and bringing lunch to work recently. Healthier? Hahaha.
Tried out this Spicy Chicken with Cashew Nut recipe from Rasa Malaysia, and it’s really good! No need to marinate the meat before hand, but still very tasty! I like the taste because lately I like to eat spicy and salty food lol.
The dish has a mild spicy taste that is good enough for lunch. The sauce is savoury enough also 🙂
Sorry for the not-so-nice picture, because it’s usually a mad rush in the morning. Got no time to style it haha 🙂
Also fried an egg (dash of salt and soy sauce, with generous black pepper) to go along 🙂
Recipe: (Serves 2)
– 2 tbsp oil
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1/2 small onion, cut into halves
– 6-8 finger-length dried red chilies, seeded and cut into halves
– 1/2 cup roasted cashew nuts, rinsed and drained
– 8 oz chicken, cut into small cubes
– 1 scallion, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-in lengths
* I added mushrooms on my own, and it’s quite nice too!
* Add a little cornstarch to the chicken and set aside before cooking to tenderize the meat.
– 1 teaspoon soy sauce
– 1 tablespoon sweet soy sauce
– 1 teaspoon fish sauce
– 1/4 teaspoon sugar or to taste
– 2 tablespoons water
1. Heat up a wok and add the oil. When the oil is heated, add garlic, onion, dried red chilies and stir-fry until you smell the spicy aroma of the chilies.
2. Add cashew nuts and follow with the chicken. Stir-fry the chicken until the surface turns opaque. Add all the ingredients for the Sauce into the wok and continue to stir-fry until the chicken is cooked.
3. Stir-in the scallion, dish out and serve immediately with steamed rice.