Potatoes are one of my favourite food!I always used them in curries, stews, or simple…
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info.
Other than the microwave function, the Panasonic oven that we received also has Oven function – that means we can bake, roast meat, grill meat, and do many more stuff!
I decided to try out baked rice (actually the hubby requested beef lasagne, but I think my back will break, so I said no lol), since we didn’t try doing baked rice at all before.
Baked Rice (Recipe Adapted from NoobCook) – Serves 3
– 1 cup uncooked rice, washed
– Water to cook rice
– 20g to 30g butter
– 5 garlic cloves
– 1 carrot, peeled and sliced
– 1/2 small canned mushroom, drained and sliced
– 1/2 small canned Cream of Mushroom (undiluted) or Japanese mayonnaise
– Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
– Salt & Pepper (about 1 tsp each)
– Parsley (garnishing)
* Original recipe calls for potato, broccoli, sausages and corn – I replaced with carrots and mushrooms.
1. Using a microwave, melt butter to liquid form. It should take less than a minute. In the rice cooker pot, add melted butter, washed rice, water to cook rice, garlic cloves, salt and black pepper to taste. Stir well.
2. Boil the carrots and mushrooms slightly.
3. When the rice is cooked, mix the carrots and mushrooms well into the rice.
4. Portion out the rice into oven-safe baking dishes (you can also use disposable aluminium tray) until slightly more than half the depth of the dish.
5. Top with some mushroom soup sauce or Japanese mayonnaise on top of the rice.
6. Top with a layer of shredded cheese. Baked in a pre-heated oven at 200C (392F) for about 20-25 minutes, or until all the cheese has melted and is very slightly browned.