Rarely we have a free Saturday together. We did nothing except had breakfast, went for a baby shower, came back and cooked dinner 🙂 Appreciate weekends like this when we can just relax and do nothing.
Mr Pau wanted to cook Aglio Olio tonight, and I offered to make Tom Yum drumsticks lol.
Ingredients: (Serves 5)
– 1 packet of spaghetti
– 4 tbsp of olive oil
– 15 to 20 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1 can of button mushrooms, sliced
– Shitake mushrooms (a bunch), sliced
– A handful of cherry tomatoes (about 20), halved
– 3 chili padi, sliced
– Dash of salt, to taste
– Soy sauce, to taste (about 2 tablespoons)
– Black pepper, to taste
For Tom Yum drumsticks, I used the recipe from Noob Cook. It’s my 2nd time cooking this. The first time, we find the flavour a little light for our taste. So this time, I used lesser oil stated in the recipe, and increased about 1.5x of the amount for other ingredients for the sauce (spam tom yum paste lol).
But I still find the flavour lacking in something… Maybe next time I’ll throw in some garlic in the mixture hehe.
Tom Yum Drumsticks (Adapted from Noob Cook)
– 7 chicken drumsticks
– 1.5 stalk of lemongrass (only white part), sliced
– 5 pieces of kaffir lime leaves, sliced
– 5 shallots, peeled and sliced
– 2.5 heaped tbsp of tom yum paste
– 1/2 tsp fish sauce (I changed to soy sauce)
– 1/2 tsp cooking oil
1. Clean drumsticks and pat dry with kitchen paper towel.
2. Cut lemongrass and lime leaves into thin slices (you can use a sharp knife or scissors).
3. Add lemongrass, lime leaves, shallots, tom yum paste, fish sauce and oil to blender. Blend till mixture is smooth.
4. Coat chicken evenly in the tom yum paste. Marinate for at least half an hour.
5. Bake at preheated oven, 200C for about 25 mins, turning halfway.