My friend and I might be signing up for our church’s family day to sell stuff 🙂
And we will be selling food! So it’s probably gonna be something like a Bake Sale. All sale proceeds will be given to funding a church in Thailand. And I realise I probably better test out some recipes hehe!
So.. It was only recently I realised about conventional baking on my mum’s microwave oven, that I started picking up baking cookies again. I am using this Panasonic oven:
Which I think is quite good. Allows me to adjust the temperature, not just the default “cookie” or “cake” setting 🙂
The last I baked cookies must have been about 10 years back. I always have this weird habit of baking cookies/cakes/slices whenever I am feeling down (LOL).
I like the sense of focus when I am doing the baking, and then ponder over issues as I sift the flour, beat the butter and fold everything in together 🙂
Anyway! Here’s the recipe:
HONEY PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
Recipe adapted from dailydelicious || Makes 16 pieces (8-9cm cookies)
300g All purpose flour
1tsp Baking soda
120g Unsalted butter
1/2tsp Vanilla bean paste (I used 1 tsp vanilla extract)
250g Chunky peanut butter
Maldon sea salt, for sprinkle over the cookies (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Line 3 baking sheet with baking paper or Silpat.
Sift together the flour and baking soda, set aside.
2. Beat the butter and salt until soft, add the honey and beat until combine.
Add the vanilla bean and peanut butter and beat until smooth.
3. Pour the flour mixture into a bowl, and mix until smooth.
4. Scoop with scoop no.20 (or shape into a ball about 5 cm in diameter), and press lightly with a fork.You might want to dab a little water onto the back of the fork when the dough starts sticking to the fork. Sprinkle with Maldon sea salt, if use.
5. Bake for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown.
Let the cookies rest on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire racks.
I like this recipe quite a lot, probably because I could smell nice peanut butter coming out from the oven haha! And I like that it uses honey and peanut butter for flavour in place of sugar. It has this really sandy, crumbly, soft texture.
Try this if you are a peanut butter lover!