So during my previous 28w visit to the gynae, I failed my glucose test for gestational diabetes.
After that day, I had been quite grouchy (lol), probably due to the diet. The portion of the menu plan issued by my gynae is really very little; thankfully I’ve joined a support group for GD and got many tips there.
Some of my other friends who’ve had GD experience, and low carb diet experience, came forward to share with me their menu – so thankful for that!
It’s really quite upsetting for someone who loves to bake to get GD! Hahaha, such an irony!
Thankful for those paleo baking recipes, which doesn’t use grains (flour) in the recipe, and are also usually lower in sugar.
I tried out this blueberry muffins recipe, and it was full of coconuty flavour! I couldnt’t find coconut oil in the supermarket, so I just substituted it with canola oil. I think there’s some difference in the texture of the baked muffin though.
Paleo Blueberry Muffins – Recipe adapted from Living Healthy with Chocolate
(Makes 6 regular sized muffins)
– 59g coconut flour
– 1/8 tsp baking soda
– 2 tbsp honey
– 120ml milk *original was coconut milk
– 2 tbsp canola oil *original was coconut oil, melted
– 3 eggs
– 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
– 35g fresh blueberries, washed and pat dry
1. Mix together coconut flour and baking soda.
2. Whisk together honey, milk, oil, eggs and vanilla extract in another bowl.
3. Mix the wet and dry ingredients together till well combined.
4. Gently fold the blueberries into the batter.
5. Spoon batter into lined muffin tin. You can fill the muffin cups to the top.
6. Bake in preheated oven at 170C, for about 30-35 mins, or until skewer inserted in centre of muffin comes out clean.
7. Cool the muffin tin on cooling rack when it’s done. Cool completely before serving or storing in air-tight container (in the fridge).