It has been a while since I last baked with the coconut flour, and I really miss the fragrance coconut flour brings to cakes or muffins!
So I searched around for coconut flour recipes, and was happy to have found one at Cuisine Paradise!
This banana bread is great for tea or breakfast. It’s moist and tender, with a nice coconuty flavor. I added in a dash of cinnamon for flavor as well – I love cinnamon with bananas! Hehe.
Coconut Flour Banana Bread – Recipe Adapted from Cuisine Paradise
(Makes 1 mini tin loaf)
– 3 eggs
– 120g banana, mashed
– 1 tbsp honey
– 40ml extra virgin coconut oil
– 28g coconut flour
– 1/4 tsp sea salt
– 1/4 tsp baking soda
– 1/4 tsp cinnamon, optional
– 1/2 tsp vanilla
– 1/4 chopped walnuts
– Some whole walnuts, topping
1. Grease and line your loaf pan. Set aside. Preheat your oven to 180C.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, honey, vanilla and coconut oil till well combined.
3. Sift in the coconut flour, salt, baking soda. Stir till no trace of lumps remain.
4. Add in the mashed banana and fold into the batter till well mixed. Add in chopped walnuts and give it a quick stir.
5. Pour the batter into the loaf tin. Top with whole walnuts on top of the batter.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for about 30-35 mins, or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
– I am using the small tin loaf from Daiso, which measures about 15 x 5 cm. Ellena used a17x8x6 cm loaf tin 🙂
– I bought the Bob’s Red Mill coconut flour from Jason’s Marketplace. However you can also purchase on iHerb, which is slightly cheaper.