A few months back, I bought a bread recipe book from a Japanese author. Haven’t really had time to try out the recipes because there are simply too many recipes that I have KIV hahaha!
This bread dough uses frozen blueberries, dried cranberries and cream cheese. I have used frozen organic blueberries and organic dried cranberries.
I also tried making 2 versions – one being the plain one, and the other one spread with blueberry jam. If you would like to spread jam in the dough, you would need to choose one that’s not too “watery”.
Double Berries Bread Buns – Recipe Adapted from 荻山和也 麵包機百變魔法書
– 220g bread flour
– 30g plain flour
– 3g yeast (about 1 1/4 tsp)
– 120g to 125g chilled water
– 3g salt
– 20g sugar
– 30g cream cheese
– 50g frozen blueberries
– 50g dried cranberries
– Blueberry or cranberry jam, optional
– Egg wash
– Sliced almonds
1. Place all ingredients into bread pan; yeast into dispenser. Select Mode 9 (I am using Panasonic SDP-104 bread machine). The bread dough will take about 1 hour to knead + primary proof.
2. Remove dough from pan once machine beeps. Divide dough into 2 parts. Roll into balls and set aside to rest for 15 mins. Cover with cling wrap or damp cloth to prevent drying out.
3. Roll 1 portion of the dough into a rectangle. I usually make a “+” and roll out from the centre horizontally and vertically.
4. Spread jam (optional) onto the rectangular dough. Note not to spread too much of the jam (I did – You can just spread on the centre portion of the dough). Fold the dough up in 3 parts into a slim rectangle shape.
5. Divide the dough into 5 parts using bench scrapper. Then make 2 slits in each of the dough to make a “Z” shape.
6. Take the ends of the dough and twist it into a rope. Pinch and close up the 2 ends of the rope to make it into a circle. Set aside on a tray lined with baking paper.
7. Repeat steps (3) to (6) for the other portion of the dough set aside in (2).
8. Cover dough with cling wrap or damp cloth, and rest for 20-30 mins. You can preheat your oven to 160C.
9. Once dough is ready, egg wash and decorate with some sliced almonds. Bake at 160C for 15-20 mins, or until the top is lightly browned. As the buns are quite “thin” and small, it is important that you do not overbake. Once top is lightly browned and bottom not wet or sticky, you can bring it out from oven.
10. Cool completely on cooling rack before storing in air tight container.