A few weeks back, I made our favourite Asian beef stew again.It’s fairly quick and easy to put together, and is really tasty too!
This is a toddler friendly recipe, and I’ve omitted the oyster sauce in the original recipe. If you take a close look at the nutritional values label on most oyster sauce, you’d know that it’s mostly made up of MSG 🙂
Asian Beef Stew (Recipe Adapted from Rasa Malaysia)
– 1/2 small onion, roughly chopped or sliced
– 2 cloves garlic
– 250g beef, cubed
– ½ cup water
– Carrots, roughly chopped
– Potatoes, roughly chopped (soaked in water for 15 mins)
– 2 tablespoon soy sauce
– 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
– ½ teaspoon sesame oil
– Dashes of white pepper
– Dashes of black pepper
– Frozen corn
1. Marinate beef with1 tablespoon of soy sauce and black pepper. Adjust pepper to your liking.
2. Heat up pan (or you might want to use claypot) with oil. Add onion and garlic before pan gets too hot. Stir-fry till aromatic.
3. Add beef into the pan, followed by carrot and potatoes.
5. Add the water and all the seasonings, stir to combine well. Make sure the beef is thoroughly coated with the dark soy sauce.
6. Cover the pan and turn heat to low. Let simmer and cook until the beef becomes tender. Sprinkle corn to cook just before dishing.
7. Garnish. Serve hot with steamed white rice.