If you’ve not known yet, I love following the recipes from Rasa Malaysia, because they are so simple but taste really great!
I remembered as I started cooking for ourselves, I had to follow recipes exactly. And RM’s recipes always managed to trick hubby into thinking that I cook very well. LOL.
As I try to “upgrade” the little one’s meals to more adult-ish, I am also searching for recipes that are from scratch and uses healthier ingredients.
I managed to finally try out this batch of baked orange chicken wings, which is really easy and fuss free!
Oven Baked Orange Chicken Wings – Recipe Adapted from Rasa Malaysia
– 900g chicken wings *I’ve used only the drumlettes
– 1 tbsp oil
– Pinch of Salt
– Sprinkles of Black Pepper
– 1/4 cup orange juice (about 4 tbsp)
– 1/2 tsp orange zest
– 3 tbsp chicken broth or water
– 1/2 tbsp dark soy sauce + 1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
– 2.5 tsp sugar
-1 tsp corn starch
1. Preheat oven to 200C. *I used grill function.
2. Rinse chicken wings and pat dry with paper towels. Place in a large bowl and toss with marinade.
3. Line baking tray and place a baking rack on top. Arrange the wings in single layer on rack.
4. Bake, rotating pan half way through bake time, till fully cooked and are crispy. It will take about 45 to 50 mins.
5. When the chicken is ready, mix ingredients for orange sauce in sauce pan. Heat up till it thickens and bubble slightly. Turn off heat. Add chicken to orange sauce, toss to coat well.
6. Garnish and serve immediately.
*I’ve halved the above recipe to make mine. For more adult taste, please visit Rasa Malaysia’s site for full recipe.