Ever since the little one started on table food sometime back, it’s been quite difficult to think of different dishes and soups that are suitable for her lol. (She’s 15 months now! Been 3 months of table food!)
I used to like adding soy sauce, oyster sauce and what-nots into my cooking. Now, although we are not totally salt-free (I use dried scallops, ikan bilis and shrimps now), but it’s quite a refreshing, healthier change.
I quite appreciate that now I hardly follow recipes, just go by “agar-ation”. Thankfully the dishes came out to be quite nice!
ABC soup, black pepper beef stir fry, french bean omelette.
Black Pepper Beef Stir Fry
– Beef (about 250g), sliced
– 1/2 onion, sliced
– Baby bok choy, chopped
– 1 or 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 2 slices of ginger
– Black pepper
– 1 tsp corn starch
– 1 spoonful of sesame oil (table spoon for eating)
1. Marinade beef. Set aside for at least 15 mins.
2. Heat oil in frying pan. Sautee garlic & ginger till fragrant. Add onion. Stir fry till softened.
3. Add in beef, sprinkle black pepper. Stir fry till cooked on surface.
4. Add bok choy stem and stir fry. (You might want to dish up the beef to prevent over-cooking)
5. Add in bok choy leaves and stir fry.
*You might want to add green capsicum for better taste.
* If you are not comfortable with using corn starch to marinade, use some ginger juice instead.