Made a batch of these spongy banana muffins for the baby during one of the Chinese New Year holidays!
I quite like this recipe because it’s fast to make, and no need to whip eggs separately. Because it’s for my baby, I cut the sugar by quite a lot, and used demerara sugar instead. I also used plain flour instead of cake flour. So it’s a little dense, spongy muffin. I was full after eating only one (with Nutella of course lol)!
My oven’s temperature might be a little hot – they rose quite high while baking – so the muffins had a split top.
It’s a mildly taste muffins, which I felt was really good for my tot! 🙂
Spongy Banana Muffins (Recipe Adapted from Nasi Lemak Lover)
– 3 eggs ( large or A size), cold from fridge
– 120g caster sugar *I replaced with 45g of demerara sugar
– 180g ripe banana, mashed
– 150g cake flour
– 1/2 tsp Baking powder
– 1/4 tsp Baking soda
– 100g corn oil
1. Preheat oven to 160C.
2. Sift flour, baking powder & baking soda together. Sift twice & set it aside.
3. In your electric mixer, beat the cold eggs, sugar, and banana at maximum speed till thick and stiff. (I used my Kenwood mixer high speed 5 for 5mins)
5. Fold in flour & mix well. (I used the lowest speed to mix)
6. Add in corn oil & mix well till batter is shiny & flowing.(lowest speed to mix)
7. Pour into cupcake liners for about 90% full. Bake in the preheated oven at 160C for 45mins (middle rack, no fan).
Since the muffins tasted quite mild for us adults, I added in Nutella (used an apple corer and drizzled in Nutella) haha!!