I usually prepare breakfast for the baby to eat at the infant care. That is because the centre serves baby cereal with milk, which is what both of us don’t really like.
So I have been preparing a different variety of breakfast for her – which I am thankful for! Such as bread, french toast, fruits, muffin, pancakes, and this milk huat kueh.
I always like to go back to this recipe when I don’t have the time or energy to make muffins, pancakes or bread. And so far it hasn’t failed me!
Milk Huat Kueh (Recipe Adapted from Wai Sum, Healthy Food for My Baby)
– 125g self raising flour *I used 125g plain flour + 1 tsp aluminium-free baking powder
– 1/4 tsp baking powder
– 16-20g demerara unrefined sugar *Original was 30g sugar
– 100ml milk *Original was pandan water
– 25g oil
1. Sift self raising flour and baking powder. Set aside.
2. Double boil sugar with milk till sugar dissolved. Set aside to cool down.
3. Add oil, stir to mix well.
4. Gently fold in flour to combine.
5. Spoon into cupcake liners.
6. Steam over high heat for 20mins.