I have always been looking out for recipes for easy lunch or dinner. Most of the time, I enjoy making “tomato rice” (esp when baby is around, and I am alone), where I simply throw in all ingredients into the rice cooker and we can usually get a yummy dinner effortlessly.
And because I have ran out of ideas on what to cook, decided to make the hubby’s favourite – chicken rice! Great for quick lunch on lazy days hehe!
Rice Cooker Chicken Rice (Recipe adapted from Cuisine Paradise)
– 3 to 5 chicken drumstick, around 500 – 550g
– 3/4 teaspoon of sea salt
– 3/4 – 1 tablespoon of ginger juice
– 1.5 Cup uncooked rice
– 3 cups chicken broth (or just enough broth to cook 1.5 cups of rice)
– 1 stalk of lemongrass, cut into 2 sections and lightly pound
– 4 cloves of garlic, lightly pound
– 3 Slices of ginger
– 1 to 1.5 teaspoon of sesame oil
– 2 knots of pandan leaves
1. Clean and rinse the chicken, pat dry with kitchen paper towel and rub the sea salt all over the chicken together with the ginger juice (the marinade helps to tenderise the meat of the chicken during cooking). *I omitted salt for baby friendly table food; and added black pepper and Italian parsley.
2. Rinse the rice and drain well. Heat sesame oil in frying pan, saute the garlic, ginger and lemon grass till fragrant, stir in the drained rice together with the pandan leaves, 1/4 teaspoon salt and continue to pan-fry for another 1 to 2 minutes till the rice is fragrant and dry (grains can be seen separated individually).
3. Remove from heat and pour into rice cooker. Add in chicken broth and chicken drumsticks.
4. Start rice cooker to cook, till ready. Serve! 🙂