We’ve finally settled in at our new home!
There were quite a bit of hiccups and unhappy incidents, but we are thankful to be under a shelter of our own 🙂
And so, I have been a dutiful housewife, following the advise of our PD. Haha! Because baby’s weight gain hadn’t been ideal (well, she’s not that tall either hehehe), so we suspect it’s because she wants to eat adult food, hence not much appetite for her “baby food”.
Since I’ve upgraded her to soft rice with soup some time back, we decided to just let her take rice and dishes like how we adults eat. Just that my challenge now is to cook without seasoning, or minimal seasoning!
I usually try to cook 2 dishes and a soup – which is quite difficult because my little one would require me to play with her most of the time. So now I just prepare the ingredients before hand, and cook the soup during her noon nap and place it in the thermal pot. Which makes cooking dinner easier.
Lotus Root Soup
– 1 packet of pork spare ribs
– 3 to 5 red dates
– 1 to 2 dried scallop
– 1 section of lotus root, washed and peeled
– 2 water chestnuts, washed and peeled
– 1 small carrot (I replaced with tomatoes because baby had been eating a lot of carrots lol)
– 4 to 5 small rice-bowls of water
1. Blanch pork ribs in boiling water for about 5 mins. Rinse the pork ribs and discard the water in the pot.
2. In a medium pot, bring the water to boil. Add in all ingredients, bring to a boil and simmer for 20 to 25 mins.
3. Transfer to thermal pot for about 4 to 7 hours.