This morning I woke up earlier than usual to make muffins for the hubby’s breakfast. Feeling bad because I hadn’t had time to make him any breakfast for the past few weeks. Busy with moving, busy with house renovations (still checking defects!), and busy taking care of the little one. Haha!
Most of the time I would want to wait till baby has slept at night before I want to start baking. Most of the time I would just doze off on the bed, lol. So I rather not procrastinate, and am glad to have baked!
I had wanted to put some sliced bananas on top of the muffins, but too bad, the baby decided to cry for milk at 6am lol.
Nutella Muffins (Recipe Adapted from Cuisine Paradise)
– 100g Plain Flour
– 70g Unsalted Butter, softened
– 70g Caster Sugar
– 2 Eggs, 60g each
– 1/4 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
– 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
– 1/4 Cup Mini Chocolate Chips *I omitted
– Pinch of Salt
– Nutella Spread
1. In your mixer, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Add in the egg one at a time and beat till well mixed.
3. Add in vanilla. Stir in flour mixture until it is mixed well. Mix in the chocolate chips as well (I omitted choc chips).
4. Fill each muffin case with the batter, 3/4 for nice domes.
5. Drop a tsp of Nutella on top of the batter. Swirl using a toothpick and bake in preheated oven 180C for about 20 minutes or until skewer comes out clean.
I realised I didn’t have enough batter because I cut the recipe by half. I could only manage to spoon about 1.5 tablespoons of batter in each case (the normal spoons we use for eating). Nevertheless, I was so excited to see these babies rise up well! For nicer domes or finish, you could fill slightly less than 3/4 way up the case.
I made 4 of these muffins, so you probably would want to use mini cupcake cases for more sharing!
Try them today for a quick sweet treat! 🙂