As you would have seen, I have been making bread and buns using the Panasonic Bread Maker (SD-P104). It’s quite an easy task, for a novice bread “baker” like me. I am also quite happy that my MIL enjoys making the bread together with me!
This time round, I made some wholemeal mini sausage rolls – I love wholemeal-anything hahaha!
I am not a fan of hot dogs/sausages because I don’t exactly find them healthy, but the hubby has got an “obsession” for them! Hahaha 🙂
These mini bread rolls are the perfect size for snack! Or treats for kids once in a while (I know while it’s not so healthy, kids love sausages!).
You will find a denser texture from these bread rolls, compared to the Tuna Bread Buns, probably because of wholemeal flour added in. Do watch the baking time, since every oven operate differently. I think I left mine a little too long in the oven, the bread rolls came out with a crusty exterior, but when they cooled down, I find them slightly hard.
Oh well.. I prefer my soft Tuna Bread Buns heehee!
Wholemeal Mini Sausage Rolls
– 200g bread flour
– 50g wholemeal flour
– 2g salt
– 15g brown sugar
– 1 tsp rosemary (I omitted)
– 2g instant yeast
– 100g milk
– 70g water
– 15g butter
– 16 mini sausages
– Black sesame
– Egg for egg wash
1. Add all ingredients in (A), except yeast, into the bread pan. Add yeast into the dispenser.
2. Select bread dough Menu 9. Press Start.
3. Press Stop when you hear the beep sound. Take out dough and roll out into a big circle. (I waited for an additional 10 mins after the beep)
4. Allow the dough to rest for 10-15 mins.
5. Cut the big dough into 16 triangles (cut into quarter first and then divide accordingly). Place the sausage on the longer side, roll up.
6. Rest the dough. Allow the dough to rise till double in size, about 10-15 mins.
7. Egg wash the top of the dough, sprinkle some black sesame seeds. Bake in preheated oven at 180C for 15mins.
If you have enjoyed reading this entry, do vote for me in the Best Cooking Blog, and stand to win attractive prizes for yourself. You can vote daily! Thank you 🙂