Made some muffins the other day for breakfast!
Kept wanting to bake stuff after the CNY baking. I suppose muffins are the quickest, without the need of any mixer 🙂
Sorry for the lack-of pictures. Simply because I can’t find my camera charger lol. Especially with a baby now, I rely more on my iPhone to take pictures.
Orange Nutella Yogurt Muffins – Recipe Adapted from Taste.com.au
– 2 and 1/2 cups self-raising flour
– 3/4 cup caster sugar
– 1 tablespoon finely grated orange rind
– 1/4 cup orange juice
– 1 cup vanilla yoghurt
– 1/2 cup vegetable oil
– 1 egg, lightly beaten
– Optional: Icing sugar mixture and orange zest, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 190°C/170°C fan-forced. Grease two 24-hole, 1.5 tablespoon capacity mini muffin pans.
2. Combine flour and sugar in a bowl. Make a well in centre. Add orange rind, orange juice, yogurt, oil and egg. Using a wooden spoon, stir until just combined.
3. Spoon mixture into prepared pan holes. Drop Nutella onto the mixture and swirl with a toothpick or chopstick. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, swapping pans halfway during cooking, or until golden an cooked through. Stand in pans for 3 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool. Dust with icing sugar. Top with zest. Serve.
I like how fluffy the muffins were! It’s healthier I guess, since it uses oil and yogurt, instead of butter. It’s not too sweet either. Just that the taste of orange is not strong enough. A choice great for breakfast!