Since we have quite a bit of miso left from the baked miso chicken the other time, we decided to modify the recipe and just do a simple stir fry. And it’s still tasty, even though we only used 3 ingredients!
My MIL was also quite happy to try out the miso chicken the other time, since she said she heard from the radio that miso is a healthier choice for flavouring 🙂
This side dish is paired with stir fried xiao bai cai with carrots and cherry tomatoes. It was a simple stir fry with no seasoning, except garlic. The sweetness and tangy taste of the cherry tomatoes add flavour to the veggies.
We quite like the light miso taste in this dish. Healthier and not too heavy for lunch 🙂
Garlic Miso Chicken Stir-Fry (Recipe adapted from Just One Cookbook)
– 270g of chicken breast (or any other parts), sliced
– 4 cloves garlic, minced
– 3 Tbsp. Miso
1. Rinse the chicken and pat it dry with paper towel. Prick the chicken with a fork and put them in a Ziploc bag.
2. Mince the garlic and combine it with miso in a small bowl.
3. Add the mixture into the Ziploc bag and rub it all over the chicken from outside the bag. Keep in the fridge for at least 4-6 hours (preferably overnight).
4. Heat oil in frying pan. When the pan is hot, add in chicken pieces and stir fry. You should be able to smell the aroma from the miso, and the chicken turning beige. If you like, you might want to add a little light soy sauce for taste.